Crisp, crunchy and sweet with a subtle touch of warming cinnamon. This gluten free nut free cheesecake crust can be enjoyed by those with food allergies and those without!
- 3 cups (255g) gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup (113g) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (for a dairy free option, try substituting vegan baking butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a 13×9 pan, combine the oats, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, salt and oil. Using your hands, evenly distribute the ingredients. Spread into an even layer in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- After baking let the oats cool completely, about 10 to 15 minutes. Oats will harden as they cool to a granola-like texture, stir occasionally to keep from sticking to the pan.
- Transfer to a food processor. Pulse 2 to 3 times to break up any larger pieces then process on high for 30 to 60 seconds until the oats resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add the coarse oat crumbs to a medium size bowl. While stirring, slowly pour melted butter over the oats. Once all the crumbs are coated with the melted butter, transfer to a springform pan to make the crust.
- Optional: If you want to remove the full cheesecake from the springform pan prior to serving, lightly grease the bottom of the pan with butter and line with a circle of parchment paper before adding crumbs.
- Lightly spread crumbs into an even layer on the bottom of the springform pan. Using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Bake at 350°F for 7 to 8 minutes. Let cool completely before adding cheesecake batter of choice.