Sweet, spicy, and creamy! These gingerbread cocktails are perfectly festive for brunch or to sip on to ring in the holiday season.
Gingerbread White Russian
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces kahlua, or coffee liquer
- 2 ounces gingerbread syrup
- 2 ounces whole milk, or cream
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the gingerbread syrup. In a medium-size saucepan, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, water, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla over medium heat, stirring until combined. Bring to a slow boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes – stirring occasionally. Let cool. Stir before using.
- Build the cocktail. In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, kahlua, gingerbread syrup, and whole milk over ice. Cover and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Serve. Pour the cocktail over fresh ice in a rocks glass. Optional: garnish with gingerbread cookies or crushed gingersnap rim, cinnamon sticks, or freshly grated nutmeg.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread white russian, white russian, creamy cocktails, holiday cocktails, gingerbread cocktails