Gingerbread Martinis are the perfect winter cocktail. Spicy ground ginger, warm cinnamon and sweet molasses team up with the perfect blend of liquors to get you singing holiday songs in no time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon¹
- 1 1/2 ounces Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua
- 1/2 ounce Frangelico
- 2 ounces Baileys
- 1 ounce Gingerbread Syrup
To make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together water, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon stick until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and transfer to a heat proof container for storage.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients over ice. Shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain into martini glass. Garnish if desired.
¹Ground cinnamon can be substituted for a cinnamon stick, but the ground spices will settle on the bottom of the martini after a few minutes.
Tips for rimming the martini glass:
Pour a small amount of syrup (triple sec, gingerbread syrup, or agave) on one plate and ground gingerbread on a separate plate. Dip rim of glass into the syrup, shake off excess. Dip rim of glass into the ground gingerbread, shake off excess. Pour shaker ingredients into prepared glass.
Gingerbread Syrup makes about 1 cup of syrup.
- Category: Thirst