Throw on your coziest, comfiest clothes and settle into a cup of gingerbread hot chocolate! Creamy, rich milk chocolate infused with just the right amount of spice under a sea of your favorite hot chocolate toppings.
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Mix. In a medium saucepan, mix together the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, molasses, and spices over medium to medium-low heat.
- Melt. Add in the chocolate. Whisk until melted and have combined with the chocolate, milk, and spices.
- Simmer. Bring to just barely a simmer, or whichever temperature you prefer. Garnish with marshmallows, fluff, peppermint, or just your favorite topping!
- Grab the kitchen torch (aff link) and toast those marshmallows for an extra special treat!
- Category: Non-alcoholic
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade hot chocolate, gingerbread hot chocolate, gingerbread drinks, spicy hot chocolate