Gingerbread cashew coffee is easily made in the blender for a foamy, festive and far less expensive than your favorite coffeehouse seasonal latte.
- 4 ½ cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon unsulphered molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: agave to taste
- Carefully transfer hot coffee¹ to blender. Add cashews, molasses, and spices. The cashews do not need to soak before blending, the hot coffee will take care of softening them so the blend up fine.
- Blend on high for a full 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the strength of your blender.
- Optional: add agave, or a dash of your preferred sweeter, to taste.
¹If your life is cold brew or die, soak the cashews for 2 hours before blending. Be sure to drain and rinse before adding to the blender.
The blend time will vary depending on the strength of your blender. You can also substitute a food processor, but be sure not to overfill. Splashing hot coffee everywhere is definitely NOT recommended.
If storing in the refrigerator overnight for iced coffee in the morning, the cashew cream will separate. Just give it a thorough shake in the morning and you’ll be good to go.
- Category: Breakfast