Wholesomely good, gluten free and without refined sugar, Gingerbread Banana Motivation Muffins are perfect for busy days when you need a jump start.¾½¼³²¹
- 2 large bananas¹ (the older the better)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup pitted whole dates² (about 8–10 dates depending on the size)
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a muffin or cupcake tin, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add the bananas, almond milk, eggs and dates. Give it a quick blend (about 10 to 15 seconds) to break of the dates and bananas.
- Add the oats, baking soda and spices to the blender. Blend for a full 1 to 2 minutes until ingredients are incorporated. The batter should be pourable but thick, you’ll need a spatula to get the remaining batter at the bottom.
- Fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
¹Think ‘Banana Bread’ for the oldness of the bananas. Dark and spotted or the peels can even be completely turned a different color. If the bananas are still ripe for the eating, wait a few more days (or add another ¼ cup almond milk)
²If you’re blender or food processor is not so awesome, try soaking the dates in super hot water for about 5 minutes. Strain before adding to the blender.
- Category: Breakfast