Quick, simple garlicky tomato sauce with bursts of diced tomato and fresh basil tossed with protein packed, gluten free black bean spaghetti.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin on a mandolin
- 1 shallot, halved and sliced in half moons
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, with salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup fresh cut basil
- 8-ounce package black bean spaghetti
- Set water to bowl in a large sauce pot. Once water comes to a rapid bowl, add pasta and cook 7 to 8 minutes until al dente.¹
- Using a mandolin, or carefully with a knife, slice garlic cloves thinly.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat, add garlic and sauté 1 to 2 minutes until slightly translucent. Add shallots to the pan and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Carefully pour white wine into the pan. Add canned diced tomatoes with sauce, salt, red pepper, and fresh basil to the pan. Let simmer for 5 minutes on high until reduced.
- Drain pasta well and sauté pasta with the sauce.
¹If pasta is done before the sauce is complete, drain and let sit in the colander. Run hot water over the spaghetti before adding to the sauce.