Celebrate the Game of Thrones season finale with an adult version of Sansa Stark’s favorite sweet lemon cakes. Sweet cake, lemon cream cheese frosting garnish with bright, sweet and boozy lemon drop martini.
- 2 ounces lemon vodka
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see notes)
- 1 pound cake
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- lemon twist(s) for garnish
- Prepare the garnish. In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft and creamy. Slowly incorporate the confectioners sugar, add the lemon zest and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Prepare the pound cake using 1 of the 3 options:
- Crumble a slice of pound cake onto a flat plate. Rim the glass with lemon cream cheese frosting then dip the rim into the crumbled pound cake
- Spread some of the cream cheese frosting over the pound cake. Cut a slice of the pound cake into rectangular pieces and skewer on a long tooth pick so it will stick out of the glass.
- Cut a slice of the pound cake into a rectangle and spread the frosting on top. Spread some frosting on top of the martini glass to act like ‘glue’ and place the little lemon cake on top before pouring the drink.
- Set the garnished drinks aside. In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Fill with ice, cover and shake vigorously for 15 to 20 seconds. Pour into garnished glass and enjoy.
- To make the simple syrup, bring equal parts sugar and water to a simmer. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved, turn off heat and let cool.
- Category: cocktails
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: game of thrones, game of thrones food, game of thrones party ideas, sansa stark, sansa's lemon cakes, game of thrones cocktails