Creamy, cheesy with the perfect infusion of fall pumpkin flavor. This traditional Italian dish comes together in the oven for an easy and simple hearty meal.
- 1 ½ cups aborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ dried cranberrues
- 1 tablespoon crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size sauce pan, combine the chicken stock and pumpkin purée. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- While stock and pumpkin mixture is heating, prepare the rice. Add aborio rice, garlic, salt and white pepper to a dutch oven. Once stock and pumpkin liquid comes to a simmer, add 4 cups to the rice and stir to combine. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir in an additional 1 cup chicken stock. Cover, return to the oven and cook for 8 more minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Once liquid is absorbed, remove from the oven and add white wine, 1 cup of chicken/pumpkin stock, and parmesan cheese. Stir vigorously until creamy. Serve immediately or cover until ready to serve.¹
- Optional: top with fall garnishes of goat cheese, cranberry and pistachio if desired.
¹Risotto is at it’s most best when served right away. If planning to serve later, prepare the risotto up until step 5. Once ready to serve, slowly bring back up to heat before adding remaining ingredients.