No frosting, no candy, no construction! This easy gingerbread house cake not only tastes delicious, it’s perfectly sweetened under a dusting of confectioners sugar.
- 2 3/4 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 confectioner sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray the bundt pan with baking spray, set aside. In a medium bowl, mix the cake flour, ginger, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter until pale yellow. Add both the sugars and beat on medium speed with the butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scrape down the bowl half way. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the molasses.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Working in two batches, add the half the dry ingredients and then half the milk. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the batter in mixed through.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and spoon it up the sides of the pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Flip the bundt pan onto the surface you plan to use for serving (cutting board, cake stand, etc.) and let the cake cool 10 minutes before lifting off the bundt pan.
- Using a mesh sifter, sprinkle the cake with confectioner’s sugar to create that ‘snowy’ decoration. Use as much or as little as you like. Serve the cake away for warm gingerbread goodness or cover and serve within 24 hours.
- The cake will stay good, unrefrigerated and covered, up to 24 hours after that the texture will decline.
- Baking spray is the best method for greasing the pan.
- Be sure to spoon some of the batter up the sides of the bundt pan and into the little trees.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: gingerbread house, easy gingerbread house, gingerbread house bundt cake, gingerbread cake