Creamy chicken pot pie stuffed with vegetables and tender chicken in a flaky pie crust. This four ingredient dinner is a snap to make!
- 1 lb chicken breast, baked and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box prepared pie crusts
- 1 whisked egg yolk, for pie crust optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix. In a large bowl combine chicken, vegetables, soup, salt, and pepper. Mix with a spatula until all ingredients are fully covered with the cream of chicken soup.
- Make the pie. In a pie pan, lay out the bottom crust. Add the chicken and vegetable mixture to the crust. Top the filled pie with the remaining crust, crimp the edges and using a knife or a fork, poke holes in the top to allow steak to vent through during baking. Optional – brush with egg yolk for a shiny, golden crust.
- Bake. Bake at 375F for 60 minutes or until the crust is completely golden brown. If edges are starting to brown too quickly, cover the edges with aluminum foil.
- Freezing – this pot pie can be made in advance and frozen before baking. Defrost in the fridge about 8 to 10 hours before you plan to bake it.
- Potatoes – to add potatoes to this recipe, dice, and boil the potatoes until just before fork tender. They do not need to be cooked all the way through, but at least halfway.
- Fat free vs regular – you can use fat free or regular cream of chicken soup. They both yield similar results. The regular version has a bit more sodium, so I skip the salt addition to this recipe when using it.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: four ingredient dinners, quick and easy chicken pot pie, easy chicken pot pie