Maple Matcha Granola is the best way to give your morning breakfast a maple, green tea crunch! Hearty oats, nuts, hemp seeds and chia drizzled with matcha green tea and pure maple syrup for a sweet and crunchy topping.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Optional (for chunkier, sweeter granola):
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup additional maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a 9×13 pan, combine the oats, almonds, chia seeds, pecans and salt. Stir well to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, add the match powder. Slowly pour the maple syrup in while whisking continuously to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Drizzle the oil over the dry ingredients. Use your hands or a spatula to stir the ingredients well, making sure everything is coated. Repeat with the maple-matcha mixture.
- For crumbly granola: bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. For chunkier, sweeter granola: after 15 minutes of baking, stir in 1/4 cup additional maple syrup and 1/4 cup coconut flakes. Bake for 15 more minutes and let cool 5 minutes before stirring.
- If you’d like to add the coconut flakes without adding more maple syrup, stir them in during the last 10 minutes of baking.
Keywords: matcha granola, cooking with matcha, baking with matcha, matcha green tea, green tea granola