Four ingredient side dish bliss. Butternut squash roasted with pure maple syrup and oil, then blended with tangy sour cream until smooth and rich.
- 2 pounds butternut squash, diced in small cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the cubed butternut squash with oil, maple syrup and salt.
- Spread the marinated butternut squash evenly onto the sheet pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until each cube is very soft.
- Transfer the butternut squash and any drippings on the pan to a blender or food process. Add the sour cream and pulse 3 to 4 times before blending on high for 1 to 2 minutes – or until the sour cream is well mixed and all the butternut squash has been puréed.
- Serve alongside your favorite cold weather main meal.
- Category: side iidea
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: roasted butternut squash, maple roasted vegetables, what to make with maple syrup, sweet and savory, four ingredient dishes/