Fresh orange zest & Grand Marnier come together with tart, fresh cranberries for a homemade cranberry sauce that will convert even the most adamant canned sauce lover!
- 1 bag (12-ounces) fresh cranberries, reserve 1 cup to add whole cranberries later
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Mariner
- 1/2 navel orange, zested
- Set aside 1 cup of whole cranberries. Add the remaining cranberries and sugar to food processor. Pulse until cranberries are in small pieces and sugar is incorporated. Mixture will be a light burgundy color.
- Combine ingredients from the food processor, orange zest, Grand Marnier and saved whole cranberries in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring heat to medium-high and cook until mixture starts to bubble, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 hour.
- Transfer cranberry sauce to a heat proof container and cool. Though this can be served immediately, the texture is best if refrigerated for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Category: Side Dish