Cranberry Rosemary Muffins are the best way to start the day! Tart citrus, earthy rosemary, tender muffins with a sweet and crunchy white chocolate crumble.
Cranberry Rosemary Muffins
- 1 cup (240ml) whole milk
- 3 large springs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup (100ml) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (160g) honey
- 1/4 cup (60g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
white chocolate crumble
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cut into tablespoons
- 1/2 cup (60g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60g) light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Steep: Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with liners. In a small saucepan, add milk and rosemary. Over low heat bring the milk to just barely a simmer then remove from heat. Let steep while preparing the other ingredients.
- Mix: In a large bowl, whisk together canola oil, honey, brown sugar, sour cream, vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Remove the tea bags from the milk and whisk the milk into the mixture. Add in the flour, baking powder and kosher salt. Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined.
- Fill: Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way. If using parchment cups (see notes) fill to the top.
- Crumble: In a food processor, add the ingredients and pulse 5 to 8 times until butter is smaller than pea size and a crumbly texture. If you do not have a food processor, this can be done with a pastry cutter or your fingers. Sprinkle over each of the muffins.
- Bake: Bake muffins at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes for 3/4 filled muffins and 30 to 35 minutes for fully filled muffins, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Best to eat right away for crisp crumble topping. Can be kept in an air tight container for 3 to 4 days, but crumble may soften.
- If using the parchment paper liners you can fill them all the way up but it will take longer to bake.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: holiday muffins, winter muffins, winter breakfast, brunch recipes