Bring the feeling of an Italian restaurant home! These copycat Bertucci’s rolls are so easy and quick to prep and perfect for herbed, cheese dipping oil. Just try not to eat too many before dinner is served!
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- optional cornmeal for dusting the pan
- Prep the rolls. Let the dough sit out at room temperature or in a warm place for about 20 minutes to make handling the dough easier. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, if you have a kitchen scale they should weigh 2 ounces each. Roll each piece of dough into a ball, then at the bottom of the dough ball twist and pull the dough, rotating the ball and pull tension on the top of the roll. Place on a sheet pan lined with a piece of parchment paper, dust with cornmeal for a more authentic roll. Bake at 400°F for 15 to 2o minutes until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
- Make the oil. While the rolls bake, prepare the oil. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together. When serving the oil, give it a quick stir before ladling on a small flat plate or shallow bowl. Serve the rolls hot and fresh out of the oven for the best taste or quickly stick them back in before serving.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: fresh rolls, easy dinner rolls, herbed dipping oil, copycat bertucci's recipes