Easy and quick cookies for santa! Chewy frosted sprinkle cookies are so delicious you might risk the naughty list to eat them yourself!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Christmas sprinkles
Simple Cookie Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and set aside.
- In a standing mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla extract, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl if needed and beat until combined.
- Reduce to low speed and mix in the dry ingredients. Pour in the sprinkles and mix until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.75 inch) or 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough, scoop and roll the cookie dough into balls. Place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets with generous space between cookies. Bake for 12 minutes and let cool for a 5-8 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While the cookies bake, prepare the frosting. In a standing mixer or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce to low speed, add the vanilla and gradually add the confections sugar. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until smooth.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, about 15 minutes, spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting on each cookie. Finish with a sprinkle of your favorite Christmas sprinkles!
- For evenly baked cookies, bake them 1 tray at a time.
- If left uncovered, buttercream frosting will start to harden and the cookies can be lightly stacked.
- Cookies can be left at room temperature for 24 hours. For longer lasting, fresh cookies store in an air tight container in the fridge…or leave out for Santa!
- A medium or “#40 cookie scoop” holds about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cookie dough. You can use a larger or smaller size but may need to adjust the cook time by a few minutes – less time for smaller cookers and more time for larger cookies.
- Category: cookies
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cookies for santa, santa's favorite cookie, christmas cookies, christmas eve cookies, christmas sprinkle cookies