Simple to make and the perfect way to add a punch to any salad or marinade! Chipotle honey lime dressing pairs great with any Mexican or Tex-Mex style salad and is a close copycat of the Chipotle restaurant’s vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Chipotle in adobo + 1 tablespoon sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar, a high-sided container like a large measuring cup if using a hand/immersion blender, or use a traditional countertop blender. If using a food processor, add the garlic and peppers first and give them a few pulses to roughly chop before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Blend all the ingredients at high speed until the oil emulsifies and blends into the other ingredients. The dressing will thicken slightly.
- Transfer to a dressing container for easy pouring and storage. Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- If using a food processor, be sure to scrape down the sides for any pieces of chipotle pepper or garlic that end up on the sides so everything gets evenly blended.
- If you are sensitive to spice, start with just one chipotle pepper in adobo, blend, taste, and then see if you’d like to add the second one.
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chipotle dressing, chipotle honey dressing, copycat chipotle dressing