Fork tender cheesy mozzarella meatballs are easy to prepare and gluten free. A gooey twist on a traditional classic that’s perfectly paired with fresh pasta or can be served as an appetizer.
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella freshly grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure ground black pepper
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 to 6 cups marinara or pomodoro sauce
- 1 package fresh linguine pasta 9 ounces
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix throughly using a rubber spatula or your hands.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop about 1 tablespoon of mix and roll into a ball. Place on parchment paper, about ½ inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until meatballs reach 165°F internal temperature.
- If serving alongside pasta, prepare the pasta per package instructions while the meatballs bake. In a sauce pan, warm pomodoro sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce) over low heat – 4 cups will lightly coat the sauce and meatballs, 6 cups will provide extra. Once meatballs and pasta are both cooked transfer to the sauce and sauté together. Serve family style or plate on individual plates.
- It’s highly recommended to freshly grate the mozzarella. While you can definitely substitute the pre-shredded mozzarella it doesn’t get quite as melty and gooey as the stuff you grate yourself.
- I always, always salt my pasta water. It add flavor and depth to the pasta. About 1 to 2 teaspoons is sufficient.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: cheesy meatballs, mozzarella meatballs, cheesy meatball appetizer, meatballs and pasta