Fork tender cheesy mozzarella meatballs are easy to prepare and gluten free. A gooey twist on a traditional classic that’s perfectly paired with fresh pasta or can be served as an appetizer.
- 1 ½ lbs ground beed (90/10 recommended)
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella, freshly grated¹
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure ground black pepper
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 1 ½ quarts Hand Crushed Pomodoro Sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh linguine pasta
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix throughly using a rubber spatula or your hands.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop about 1 tablespoon of mix and roll into a ball. Place on parchment paper, about ½ inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. While the meatballs bake, prepare the pasta per package instructions.² In a sauce pan, warm pomodoro sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce) over low heat. 1 quart will lightly coat the sauce and meatballs. 1 ½ will provide plenty of sauce. Once meat balls are cooked transfer to the sauce and stir in pasta. Serve family style or plate on individual plates.
¹It’s highly recommended to freshly grate the mozzarella. While you can definitely substitute the pre-shredded mozzarella it doesn’t get quite as melty and gooey as the stuff you grate yourself.
²I always, always salt my pasta water. It add flavor and depth to the pasta. About 1 to 2 teaspoons is sufficient.