Sweet and smokey with underlying hints of clove, anise and vanilla, this Easy Boneless Bourbon Brown Sugar Ham is super simple and perfect for a holiday gathering or weeknight meal!
- 1 boneless spiral cut ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Remove the ham from its packaging. Place flat side down in a baking dish and fill the dish with 1/2 inch of water. Cover the ham and baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the orange juice, ginger, fennel seeds, pickling spice and cinnamon stick. Stir over medium high heat, simmering for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Carefully add the bourbon and a pinch of salt and simmer for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, stirring in the brown sugar until melted. Let the glaze simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After simmering, strain the spices from the glaze and set aside. At this point your oven should be preheated. Place the foil covered baking dish on the second to lowest rack in your oven and bake for 15 minutes per pound.
- When there are 10 minutes left to baking increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Remove the ham from the oven. Discard the foil and drain almost all the liquid from the bottom of the pan. Pour or brush the glaze over the ham and return to the oven for the final 10 minutes of baking.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy boneless ham, easy easter ham recipe, how to make a ham glaze, bourbon brown sugar ham glaze, simple homemade ham glaze