Spiralized beets and blue cheese are the perfect pair to boost this crunchy kale salad to the next level.
- 6 ounces chopped kale (1 large head)
- 2 small red beets (peeled and spiralized)
- 4 ounces blue cheese (melted)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1/4 cup glazed walnut pieces
- Thoroughly wash kale and remove the leaves from the stem. Roughly chop the kale leaves.
- Wash and peel the beets. Spiralize using the angel hair blade.*
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the blue cheese.** Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Add the kale to the melted cheese and toss thoroughly with tongs, coating as much of the green as the greens as possible.
- Drizzle leaves with balsamic vinaigrette or dressing of choice.*** Toss with the tongs to coat all the leaves with the dressing. Add in beets and glazed walnut pieces. Mix with tongs. Sprinkle quinoa over the top of the salad.
*If you don’t have a spiralizer, steam the beets and slice thinly or purchase pre-steamed beets.
**Using a good quality, soft blue cheese will bring more flavor and will melt easier.
***Recommended dressing for this salad is the Port Wine Balsamic Vinaigrette, available in the free eCookbook you receive when you sign up for email updates at the top of the page!
- Category: Salad