Fire up those grills and smokers! This bbq spice rub recipe is perfect for grilling, smoking or even just braising your meats. Let your barbecue stand out with this perfect blend of spice, heat and sugar.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (like Sugar in the Raw)
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a whisk or clean, dry hands, thoroughly mix the spices.
- Use liberally on protein of choice.
- Store in an air tight container.
If doubling the recipe, reduce chili powder by 1 tablespoon.
The brown sugar may cause some clumping after storage, if it occurs, remix using a whisk.
- Category: Seasoning
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: barbecue rub, spice rub, bbq spice rub, spice rub for smoker