Crunchy arugula brings the perfect bitter green to match the sweet tang of aged balsamic vinegar in this powerhouse salad spin on the traditional Italian Caprese Salad.
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, 1/2″ inch pieces
- 5 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar*
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl add arugula, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and cover with cracked pepper. About 5 to 7 turns of the peppermill.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Mix well with tongs, coating ingredients with olive oil, salt and pepper..
- Finish with a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar on top for a pop of contrasting color.
*Balsamic glaze can be substituted for good quality, aged balsamic vinegar. Glaze will be much sweeter, so a smaller quantities (1 tbsp) is recommended.