Simple sweet and savory roasted delicata squash with a burst of fresh, tangy pomegranate cooked under high heat and under 20 minutes.
- 2 delicata squash, cut in half-moon slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the ends off each squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and slice in 1/2″ half-moon slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup and soy sauce. Add the delicata squash to the bowl and toss with the maple soy.
- Spread the squash into a single layer and any extra sauce onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, stir and bake for a remaining 5 – 8 minutes. The sauce should be bubbling and will thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the squash onto your serving dish and sprinkle with fresh pomegranate.
- Parchment paper is highly recommended! The maple syrup boils down, gets very sticky and may burn slightly around the edges.
- This recipe uses real maple syrup which is thinner than the pancake style syrup. If substituting, check every 5 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: roasted squash, roasted delicata squash, delicata squash recipes, how to cook delicata squash,