Sheet Pan Winter Veggies
Crispy sprouts, naturally sweet butternut squash and parsnips are the stars that shine in these easy to make, simply prepared Sheet Pan Winter Veggies.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced ½” to ¾” cubes
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 lb parnsips, peeled, diced in ½” pieces
- 1 large vadalia onion, ½” slices
- 5 whole garlic cloves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven at 375°F.
- Prepare the vegetables and add to a large sheet pan as you are working.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully mix the vegetables – the sheet pan will be pretty full so work slowly.
- Transfer sheet pan to the oven and roast for 1 ½ hours. After 45 minutes, stir the vegetables well so any pieces on the bottom are on the top to crisp up.
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or add dried cranberries for a touch of sweetness.
¹Vegetables can be tossed with olive oil and seasoned in a large bowl, then transferred to the sheet pan.