[No Refined Sugar] Vegan Banana Bread
Vegan with no refined sugar, this guilt-free banana bread is the perfect quick breakfast or grab a slice for an on the go snack. Sweet banana flavor with a hint of fall spices baked up moist and tender.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Category: bread
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: vegan
- 1 large banana (use 1 ½ if on the smaller side)
- 6 tablespoons almond milk
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup silken or soft tofu
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- ¼ cup Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips
- ¼ teaspoon coarse or flake sea salt
- Soak pitted dates in a bowl with hot water.¹ Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare bread baking dish (typically 8×4 inch) by greasing and flouring.
- Drain the dates from the water and add to a food processor or high powered blender. Add banana, almond milk, tofu, oil and vanilla. Pulse 10 times, then turn to ‘on’ or ‘high’ for 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well with a spatula to combine.
- Transfer your batter to the prepared baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Optional: Sprinkle the top of the bread with chocolate chips and sea salt before baking.
¹If your blender or food processor are high powdered and work wonderfully, you don’t need to soak the dates. If your kitchen equipment is less than reliable or if the dates are a touch old, soak to soften about 5 minutes.