Meyer Lemon Basil Pesto
Meyer lemon basil pesto is everything you love about traditional basil pesto with a burst of summery flavors, bright and sweet Meyer lemon, and cheesy Parmesan.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups
- Category: Sauces
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juice
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toast: In a small sauté pan, toast the pine nuts over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Just until fragrant, slightly browned.
- Blend: In a food processor, add the basil, pine nuts, garlic and 1/3 cup olive oil. Pulse 5 to 6 times to break up the ingredients then blend for 1 minutes. Add Meyer lemon zest, juice, salt, and remaining olive oil. Blend for a full minute until combined and oil becomes slightly emulsified.
- Get Cheesy: If using right away, stir in parmesan cheese. If freezing or storing for later, wait to add the cheese until use.
Keywords: pesto recipes, Meyer lemon, Meyer lemon recipes, pasta sauces