Happy Thirsty Thursday everyone! It’s almost the weekend, you are practically there. Why not celebrate? In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we are celebrating with tequila…I mean, it has nothing to do with really liking it or anything…ok, maybe that has a lot to do with it. Today also gives us a great opportunity for some laughs. If you need a laugh today, here’s my favorite joke of all time animated by Adam Patch:
Three years later, I’m still laughing. Any way, let’s taco ’bout this cocktail you need in your life. This margarita will bring the traditional flavors with the tart lime, sweet agave, and silver tequila but keeps it very refreshing with muddled honeydew melon and fresh basil. When the weather is hot and humid and you need to unwind, you’ll be so happy to have this recipe in your arsenal. In the meantime, we can just pretend it hasn’t been raining for almost a week.
Get refreshed with this summer time cocktail!
- 4 ounces Honeydew Melon, about 1 large slice cut in large pieces
- 3 Basil leaves
- Ice Cubes
- 1 fluid ounce Agave
- 1/2 fluid ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 2 fluid ounces Silver Tequila
- In a shaker or pint glass, muddle honeydew melon and basil leaves
- Add ice cubes and remaining ingredients.
- Cover shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a glass over crushed ice. Garnish with melon and a spanked basil leaf.
Some of the honeydew pulp make slip into the glass during straining which is completely ok!