An iced lavender matcha latte is the perfect start to the day or afternoon pick me up with earthy matcha green tea, sweet floral lavender and creamy milk of your choice!
Iced Lavender Matcha Latte
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green tea matcha powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lavender simple syrup
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (cows, almond, coconut, etc.)
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 to 8 sprigs fresh lavender OR 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
- Prepare the lavender syrup. Combine the sugar, water and lavender in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes, turn off heat and let steep for 5 minutes. Optional: strain out lavender before storing.
- Whisk the matcha. Combine matcha powder in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of the water. Whisk with matcha whisk until clumps dissolve and a thick paste forms. (See note if you do not have a matcha whisk). Add 2 more tablespoons of water, one at a time, whisking thoroughly after each addition to remove any clumps and build a little froth. Pour matcha liquid into serving glass and use remaining water to rinse out the bowl and add to glass.
- Build your latte. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lavender syrup and fill the glass with ice. Top with milk of your choice and swirl with a long spoon or straw to mix together. Sip and enjoy!
If you do not have a matcha whisk, you can still enjoy these Iced Lavender Matcha Lattes! Build the drink using a regular whisk, slowly adding the water in smaller batches. Alternatively, you can add all the ingredients to a single serve blender cup and blend until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: iced green tea latte, matcha latte, cooking with lavender, coffee alternatives