Cranberry Basil Flatbreads with Creamy Burrata
Cranberry Basil Flatbreads with Cream Burrata are easy appetizer that’s perfect anytime of year. Soft, toasted na’an flatbreads, premium cranberries reduced with fresh garden basil and creamy melted burrata.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 36 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 na’an style flatbreads
- 1 1/2 cups Cape Cod Select Premium Cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 basil leaves, julienned plus additional for garnish
- 1 ball burrata
- Preheat & Simmer: Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, lemon juice and basil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar melts.
- Boil: Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare: Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet. Spread the cranberry basil mix on the flatbreads. Tear the burrata apart and scatter pieces over the cranberries.
- Bake: Bake at 400°F for 3 to 6 minutes.
Baking for 3-6 minutes will warm and toast the flatbread. If you prefer a pizza, crunchy style flatbread cook the plain flatbread for 3-4 minutes first then add the toppings and return to the oven until the burrata is melty, about another 3 minutes.
This recipe can easily be baked in the toaster oven to avoid baking in the heat of the summer. Follow the recipe directions the same but bake one at a time, directly on the rack.
Keywords: cranberry basil, cranberry, basil, flatbread, burrata, appetizer