Crock Pot Apple Sauce
Laced with fresh cinnamon and a touch of sweet, this apple sauce is mostly smooth with the perfect larger pieces for a burst of fresh apple texture and flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 quarts
- Method: Crock Pot
- 16 medium sized apples¹
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- Peel apples. If you have an apple slicer core and slice the apples. If you don’t cut off slices into the crock pot, setting aside the cores. The slices don’t have to be perfect since they will cook down.
- Add water, salt, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla. Give the apples a little stir. Add cinnamon sticks.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Stir half way through and again towards the end. Continue to stir with a rubber spatula until the apple sauce reaches your desired texture.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and transfer to an air tight storage container.
¹Use an apple with a softer flesh like McIntosh or Macoun. The apples should be a touch tart but with plenty of natural sweetness.